Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is the Outdoor Media Association (OMA), ABN 59 004 233 489, Suite 504, Level 5, 80 William St, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011, ph. (02) 9357 9900.
3. The competition is open to employees of media and creative agencies in Australia only. Employees and their immediate families of the OMA and OMA member companies are ineligible to enter the competition.
4. The competition commences at 8:00am (AEST) on Wednesday 24 July 2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on Sunday 1 September 2019.
5. How to enter:
Step 1: Download the Instagram application for iPhone or Android
Step 2: Take and edit your photo
Step 3: Upload the photo to Instagram with the tags @oma_australia, #lookup (Instagram privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo)
6. Entry to the competition is free. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
7. Where an entry includes a photograph depicting a person/s, the entrant must provide a copy of a consent form available at www.lookup.org.au signed by the person/s captured in the photograph. This will evidence their consent to the submission of the photograph to the OMA for the competition. The consent form should be sent to email@example.com. DOWNLOAD THE CONSENT FORM >>
8. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately hash-tagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
9. Judging will take place on Wednesday 4 September 2019 from 3:00pm–6:00pm (AEST) at the OMA. Winners will be announced on the OMA’s website and social media channels on Thursday 12 September 2019.
10. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. Submissions will be judged by a panel comprised of:
Stephen Brook, Journalist; Tim Burrowes, Editor in Chief of Mumbrella; Tony Hill, Photographer and Founder of Shutter Speed; Lekki Maze, Director, of Glider Global; Charmaine Moldrich, CEO of the Outdoor Media Association, Charles Parry-Okeden, Chairman of the OMA and Founder of Executive Channel International; Monique Westermann, Graphic Designer, with the Sydney Morning Herald.
11. Images will be judged based on the following criteria:
1 The relevance of the submitted photo to the theme of Look Up, as determined by the judges.
2 Artistic interpretation of the theme and will it work well on both large and small format signs, as determined by the judges.
3 Originality of the idea and the image. Entries that are deemed to not belong to or be taken by the user will not be eligible.
12. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
13. The OMA reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
14. Photographs submitted must not contain any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic, involves nudity, promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the OMA or its partners, other companies or people; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities, and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission; communicates messages or images inconsistent with positive images and or goodwill; and/or violates any law.
15. Images must not include watermarks or other brandings. The OMA reserves the right to disqualify any entry with a watermark or other branding.
16. By entering this competition, all entrants:
a. warrant that photographs submitted are an original work that does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property or moral rights of any third party;
b. warrant that they have obtained all necessary consents to the use of the photograph(s) required by these Full Terms and Conditions.
17. Use of images:
a. All images published on Instagram with #lookup may be moderated and
b. displayed on the website and social media channels of the OMA. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
c. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her images. The entrant provides the OMA a limited-use authorisation to display, print and distribute their photographs for the sole purpose of promoting the Look Up campaign. Images will be credited with the name of the photographer if used by the OMA.
18. Entries must be posted to Instagram 11.59pm (AEST) on Sunday, 1 September. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
19. Use of personal information:
a. By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that the OMA may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
b. By entering the competition, you give the OMA permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition for the purpose of distributing your prize to you.
20. The OMA reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address.
21. The OMA shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one week of the prize draw. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize judging will take place on Monday 14 October 2019 at 3pm (AEST) at the OMA.
22. The OMA shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. The OMA is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. Prizes are as follows:
Major prize: $5,000 cash prize.
In addition, two runners-up will each receive $1,000 cash prize.
The winning image and runner’s up will be part of the creative execution for the third round of the campaign in 2020, and broadcast on Out of Home signs nationwide.
Total prize pool is $7,000.
25. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the OMA then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
26. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/